Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 12 Reading Diary: Beowulf

Beowulf

1. King Hygelac of Geatsland - I am really excited to see where everything goes. Life seems so peaceful right now, but it can not possibly stay that way for long! I look forward to learning more about the characters.
2. The Young Beowulf - I only know a little about the story of Beowulf so I am really excited to see how he grows up and is actually very awkward and not very social. I thought he was this great warrior who was loved and had great self-esteem and all of this other stuff you think would go with being a hero. I am excited to see what his future holds!
3. The Wanderer's Song - You know when a wanderer who is well traveled, comes from a far off land to sing you a song, that it will be great and full of foreshadowing. I know beowulf goes and fights Grendel, but I look forward to seeing how everything goes down. I also think this is a very well written unit.
4. Beowulf's Resolve - I liked this episode because I know that passion that is running through beowulf. Wanting so badly to prove yourself and you finally find your chance and you are so excited about it! I feel that way with dance pretty much all the time, but I feel that I am trying to prove my worth to myself. 
5. Beowulf's Journey - I bet it would have been a fabulous sight to see the warriors all dressed up in their fancy war outfits. I also really like how the queen is a solid figure in this story but she isn't a huge portion. She is the soft kindness to the gruffness of the warriors.
6. Beowulf Lands in Daneland - I am so excited to see how thing are going to go. With how treacherous they make the island, this battle that they are leading up to is going to great! I hope. I appreciate how beowulf and the guardian of the shore interact.
7. Beowulf Comes to Heorot - it is getting so close to the battle I am so excited! I like how beowulf is a little ignorant of how to act towards this new king. It makes me remember that he is in fact not a king and though he has lived in close quarters with one, it is different when you do not know the king personally.
8. The Words of Unferth - Now I am confused. I thought that Beowulf won the swimming race but that everyone called him a coward... Or did he lose because he went back to help Breca... I can't remember. I hope it gets explained soon though... and I hope the battle is soon!
9. The Words of Beowulf - I love the way Beowulf handled the situation with the grumpy guy! He wasn't rude, but he was definitely making a point. THE NEXT EPISODE IS THE BATTLE! I am so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment