Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1:Un-Textbook

Here are 6 different reading units that grab my attention and a little bit about why each one interests me.

1. The Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) - I have always, ALWAYS, loved the Grimm Brother's stories and versions of the fairy tales that I grew up with. I also have a little bit of a dark side and so reading their dark and twisted stories just makes me so very happy!

2. Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories - Egyptian history fascinates me. I have no connection to Egyptian culture whatsoever, but the artwork and history and stories of their Gods is inspiring to me.

3. Faerie Queen - Britomart - In the description it says if you like Shakespearian comedies or Arthurian romances then we would enjoy this unit. Well I happen to be a fan of both so I think this unit is calling my name!

4. English Fairytales I - I read the first story and it is pretty much the same thing as our Rumplestiltskin. I love the classics and so hearing other versions of them would be interesting as well as reading other fairy tales of the same style.

5. Alice in Wonderland - This was my favorite Disney movie as a child and I always wanted to read the actual story. Now I suppose this is my chance! It is such an odd story that I wanted to know what else was to it other than what I was seeing in the movie.

6. Through the Looking-Glass - Okay so if I am going to read Alice in Wonderland it is necessary to read Through the Looking-Glass as well. There is even more to the Wonderland world in this story and I love it. I haven't ever read it but I have always wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment